What is Marathon Des Sables?
The Marathon des Sables, or 'MdS', is ranked by the Discovery Channel as the 'toughest footrace on earth'. Competitors have to take on five and a half marathons in five or six days across the Sahara desert.
Register your interest today to train and run with our team and be part of this memorable adventure in Morocco. Places for the MdS every year are highly in demand and go on a first come, first served basis...so make sure you apply as soon as possible.
April 21st to May 1st 2024
250 km in 7 days
3 easy steps to join team WWTW and create your fundraising page
Register to Marathon Des Sables via their official website
Head back here to sign up to create your very own fundraising page
Kickstart your fundraising journey and share your page with your friends and family
Why team Walking With The Wounded?
- Walking With The Wounded has a strong reputation at the MdS with our teams having a higher success rate of finishers than others - the team works together to support each other through the tough six days in the desert.
- Advice from previous runners for Walking With The Wounded
- Branded team kit
- Several physical and virtual meet ups
- Being part of one of the biggest teams at the event
- Personal support from the Walking With The Wounded team
Will you run the sands of the Marathon des Sables?
“The Marathon des Sables has been one of the most challenging personal goals I have ever set. Completing it after 3 years of training & 2 attempts is an inexplicable feeling. I owe my success in part to the WWTW team, my WWTW tent mates from both years, the head office staff & all the other WWTW team members that sent me messages of encouragement throughout the event. I share this medal with them, thank you!"
From our 2021 and 2022 teams said of the Marathon des Sables 2022